LEGO Chinese Zodiac Animal Sets Review


In this Chinese New Year season, I decided to open and build the few LEGO seasonal sets (Piggy, Rooster and Monkey) that I collected.  Here's my opinion after build:
  • I like the Rooster most because it is the most colourful set. The downside is the eye stickers, I prefer if LEGO could use a printed eyes. The head is rotatable as it sits on a turntable piece, the beck, wings, feet and tail are movable too. You can find 3 colours combination on the tail (blue, green and white).
  • In term of building, I prefer the Piggy. Her head, arms and tail are rotatable. Unfortunately I can't set the arms and tail at the angle I want. The printed eyes are common but the printed nose is specific on this set. 
  • The Monkey uses mostly brown colour bricks with some tan colour bricks on the face, torso, hands and legs. Just like the Piggy, the ears, arms and tail are movable. The head is rotatable too.
Each set comes with an Angpow Packet (which is much bigger than the normal Angpow Packet that we use 😆) that printed with very nice picture on both sides.

Here's the photos of each of them.

2017 Year of The Rooster












2016 Year of The Monkey












2019 Year of The Pig












Feature Post

Bandai new items info (July to Sept 2024 release)

Bandai just announced the new items that going to release in July ~ Sept 2024. Here I summarized the new items that I’m going to bring in. P...

Most read articles