Millennium Falcon Build Diary - Part 6 - Cockpit lighting and side console

Today I continue with my DeAgostini Millennium Falcon build. More painting and lighting on the cockpit itself. Above are the parts received from Issue #6.

I started with the side console pieces. It is painted with flat black on the top and dark grey (same color with centre console) on the lower half. I added some detailing and weathering on the side console pieces.

Test fit of the front panel, side consoles and centre console, with lit. Looking good.

Inside the front cone is painted with black color because there is a gap between the floorboard and the cone that will be seen (will explain further in later photo where the gap is). Black color is to match the cockpit tone.

Now test fit the cockpit front.



The fiber optics and LED's cable will wired under the floorboard, this is the gap I mentioned in my earlier photo above.

Now I'll put the rear instrument panel together. The process is straight forward, stick the stickers to connect the bottom panels together.


This is how the complete rear instrument panel looks like. But as you know, I'll not stop here, I'll add more lighting on the panel, to create a realistic feeling of the Millennium Falcon cockpit. 😆

Start drilling more holes for fiber optics.

Inserting fiber optics.

Testing the lit position.

Coming up NEXT: More lights to be added to the side console panels and blinking lights on the back cockpit wall. And finishing cockpit interior lighting system.

Stay tuned for more build updates.... Follow us with email to get notified of build updates.

Feature Post

Bandai new items info (July to Sept 2024 release)

Bandai just announced the new items that going to release in July ~ Sept 2024. Here I summarized the new items that I’m going to bring in. P...

Most read articles