Millennium Falcon Build Diary - Part 8 - Add details to the entrance wall

In this build I will add more details on the entrance wall. The parts (for detailing) provided by DeAgostini are very minimum and this makes the entrance wall far less detail compare to the movie.


From the movie scene below, we can see there are cutouts on the walls for cables and hoses. So I decided to make the cutouts on my own.

First I roughly drew out how the cutouts the look like and their positions.

Then I drilled holes on the area I want to cut. These holes will allow me to cut the cutouts with knife and filing.


The cutouts look good after filing.

From the movie scene photo above, we can see a silver color trim around the cutouts. So I made the trim with my 0.3mm pla-plate.

On top of that, I used my 0.3mm pla-plate to create a box for each cutouts. I'll add in wires and details in each box. I'll make the upper cutout box to look like a fuse box or circuits, the lower cutout will have wire circuit connect to the upper box.

 Looking good. Test fitting the box on the cutouts.

Fuse box (wire circuits) created.

Test fitting. I do not glue everything yet, as I'll paint the wall and the trims after this.

Both upper and bottom details done.

 Test fitting. All looking good (not gluing everything yet until wall is pained).

Coming up NEXT: Paint the wall, cabling and adding hoses on the wall.

Stay tuned for more build updates.... Follow us with email to get notified of build updates.

Feature Post

Bandai new items info (July to Sept 2024 release)

Bandai just announced the new items that going to release in July ~ Sept 2024. Here I summarized the new items that I’m going to bring in. P...

Most read articles