DeToyz Mecha Contest 2018 (formerly known as DeToyz Gundam Contest) is set to start today, 6th July 2018. This year, we expand our scope from Gunpla to Mecha Anime, you can use any Mecha kit (that you can find in DeToyz) to join our contest. This has been our yearly event for our customer to share their modelling work.
The rules and regulations are similar to previous years, here's the rules:
- A customer of De Toyz Shop.
- Must be Original model kits (Third party kits are not accepted) - Any Mecha model that scale 1/144 and above.
- The contest is divided into 2 categories:
- Straight build - Category for beginner modellers. Emphasis is placed on nub and flash removal. Basic lining is acceptable but no colouring and coating.
- Modified build - Modified category for beginner/advanced model builders. In this category, entries can modified their model by:
- Battle damage
- Dioramas (maximum size of the diorama is 6"x12")
- Painting (0-10 points): Quality and execution of the painting, including detail, of the entry.
- Technical (0-10 points): Includes thoroughness of basic model building including nub removal, seams as well as excellence of any modifications.
- Creativity (0-10 points): Aesthetics of the entry, including concept, posing, unique painting scheme and presentation, including diorama if applicable. The more creative and interesting things you do to your entries, the higher you will score!
- Modified build Category:
- 1st Prize: PG GAT-X105 Strike Gundam + Trophy
- 2nd Prize: MG Musha Gundam MK-II + Trophy
- 3rd Prize: HG MS05S Char Aznable's Zaku I (Gundam The Origin) + Trophy
- Straight build Category:
- 1st Prize: MG GAT-X105E Strike Noir + Trophy
- 2nd Prize: NG 1/100 Gundam Kimaris Booster Unit Type + Trophy
- 3rd Prize: HGUC RX-79BD-2 Blue Destiny Unit 2 "Exam" + Trophy
*Prizes are subjected to change and DeToyz keeps the right for making any changes.