Millennium Falcon Build Diary - Part 5 - Front control panel lighting

In this build, I'll start to install lighting system to the front control panel. As the front control panel doesn't come with a hole for the monitor, I cut a hole to let the light to shine through.




Tested it with a blue LED. Looking good.

Next I'll make another cutout on the base for the LED to fit on it.


The cutout is made with a smaller width so that the LED can be fitted tightly without glue.

Then it's time to place some lights (buttons) on the panel. To do so, I added some fibre optics to the panel. The fibre optic is very thin, diameter is only 0.25mm, just like a strand of hair. I added 10 lights (including the monitor) to the front panel and I think that's just good enough. Among this 10 lights, 3 will be blinking and the rest will be constantly lit.


In order not to spoil the fibre optic, I use white glue to static it instead of super glue.


Testing with all the lights on.

Coming up NEXT: More lighting to the cockpit and painting.

Stay tuned for more build updates.... Follow us with email to get notified of build updates.

Feature Post

Bandai new items info (July to Sept 2024 release)

Bandai just announced the new items that going to release in July ~ Sept 2024. Here I summarized the new items that I’m going to bring in. P...

Most read articles